Monday 20 July 2015

My Current Summer Favorites of 2015


Lighter nights, warm air, ice cream vans visiting your street daily. It can mean only one thing. It's summer time, and it's time to through away the drab reminders of cold winters nights. Today I'm going to celebrate all my summer favorites from 2015.

I bought this at my local Clinton's store. I was looking for a new candle as I wanted something different. Clinton's was having a big sale on candles, and I went in expecting to buy a Yankee Candle. However nothing compared to the beautiful scent of this double wicked pomegranate and pineapple candle. To me it was how I imagined summer to smell like. I am completely in love with this candle and burn it frequently. I know I will cry a lot when it's empty.

I always tend to wear darker shades of lipstick, mainly various shades of red. I wanted to change things up this summer and go for more subtle shades, I am aware the purple lipstick is far from subtle but it's a nice colour that I wear well, and it's also nice to have an occasional bold colour lipstick. Currently I'm into wearing mainly lip crayons, it feels lighter than lip stick and some actually have a glossy look to them. Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Crayon (Fuchsia-Ristic) is very light and gives a natural glamour to your lips. It adds a simple amount of colour to your lips, if you didn't know you put the gloss crayon on, you'd just think it was lip balm. I've also being wearing Collection Lip Butter, Vintage Rose, which gives a beautiful coral esque colour, and Perfect Plum, a nice bold purple. The Collection Lip Butter applies so easily and evenly, which I often find isn't the case for most lipsticks. These lip crayons and lip butters are a beautiful addition to your summer make up routine.

BarryM is my go to nail varnish. I personally believe that they produce quality products that I can rely on. With other nail varnishes I feel like the varnish doesn't last as long and wears within a day. BarryM never lets me down, Their Quick Dry range is a beautiful mixture of pastels and bold statement colours. I have Eat My Dust, and Pole Position. They really do seem to dry quicker. My mum doesn't like Classic White, but I personally love it. It's different from pastel nail varnishes, and gives a slight edge. It's different, and I love it.

Lush are know for their beautifully wacky products like adult shower playdough.However, I'd never imagined they'd put chunks of sea salt into a shampoo. When I heard about this shampoo I wanted to try it out as soon as I could. The sea salt is meant to volumize your hair, and I was actually surprised when I started to notice the difference after one shower. It's an amazing shampoo and I will be buying some more of it for going back to university. I truly recommend it to everyone who wants more volume to their hair. Granted it will take one or two showers to get use to the salt, but it truly is relaxing.

This was a birthday gift to me from one of my amazing friends. It's the Shadow Box Eye Pallet by Urban Decay. I actually used this as my main eye pallet through winter, however a few of the colours are perfect for summer. I regularly wear Bordello, Sin, Tornado, Baked Cowboy, Free Love, and Blackout. Shadow Box is the perfect year round eyeshadow pallet.

I'm still a beginner when it comes to liquid eyeliner. My cat eyes are far from perfect. However Soap and Glory's Supercat is brilliant for beginners like me. The eyeliner is like a felt tip, it applies easily, and is easy to wash off if you've made a mistake. I certainly feel more confident applying eyeliner with Supercat.

This was my biggest treat of the summer. Something purely for me, nothing for university or anything like that. I finally bought a Pandora braclet. As much as I love silver, when I tried on the silver bracelets and bangles, it just felt like too much, it felt too showy. So when I saw the braided leather bracelet I felt it was more casual and relaxed, more me. I could wear it with a fancy outfit, but I could wear it day to day without worrying it would be too much. The charms I have are a windmill, a vintage bicycle, and a sea shell. I can only fit about nine charms on my bracelet so the general rule is that the charms have to have a significant meaning behind them.

With the added heat of the summer we tend to sweat and be a little more smelly than usual. Recently my mother and I have become with these fragrance mists from Victoria Secret.They have a beautiful set of scents that, if we could, would buy every bottle ten times over, just so we could always smell that good. I'm almost out of Pure Seduction and Passion Struck. Their both floral, strong, and romantic scents, and I know I'm going to cry like a bitch when their empty. However I've recently got two new bottles, Love Spell and Vanilla Lace. Love Spell is a delightful mix of cherry blossoms and peaches, it's rather an innocent smell that charms you into wanting to smell more. Vanilla Lace, where do I begin. The only problem with this fragrance mist is that you'll get hungry and want to eat cake. It's a sweet smell that gets the attention of people nearby. The amount of compliments I've had about the delicious and delightful smell of vanilla was outstanding.


The Girl who was Saturday Night was written by Heather O'Neill. I bought this book in June, and it's been an absolute joy to read. The writing is truly well crafted, and the voice of the narrator, Nouschka, was so brilliant and engaging. I admit it took a chapter or two to get sunk into the story, but once you're hooked on the story of Nickolas and Nouschka, you will not be disappointed. I enjoyed the story that much I'd take it slow when reading it because I truly did not want to finish it. I plan on doing a book review to The Girl who was Saturday Night, and the book I'm currently reading, Viper Wine by Hermione Eyre.

To me it doesn't matter if you have to beg, borrow, or steal to get this book. This book is worth it.

There you go. Those were my current summer favorites of 2015. I had fun enjoying each item. If you have any questions about any items from the above please leave a message, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

I hoped you enjoyed reading my summer favorites, and enjoy the sun!
xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love the Barry M varnishes too, deffo some of my favourites! Also I have coconut passion from VS, such a nice scent isn't it?

    Sarah | The Girl with the Winged Liner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually haven't smelt that one. Like I said, I'm head over heals for the vanilla lace, the smell is just bliss, the only problem is it makes me want cake really badly. Though I'll have to have a smell of the coconut passion the next time I'm in VS. I love the smell of coconut. I actually have this really good hand cream that's coconut scented. It's called Pure Coconut. You can get it from Home Bargains for about a pound or less. It does such a great job and the scent stays on your hand for quite a while.

    ReplyDelete