Thursday 9 July 2015

I'm Adulting Right?

Do you ever have those days when you release that you're starting to act like an adult? I'm slowly having this realisation and it's freaking me out a little bit. I just finished my second year of University 3 weeks ago, and my thoughts have already turned to life after University, and getting a job. It's scary adult stuff, but the thing that scares me the most is the fact that I've naturally come to those thoughts. This moment happened to me yesterday while I was doing some work.


In my spare time, when I'm not working on assignments, bugging my friends, or plotting world domination, I work as the Social Media Manager for a online fiction magazine called Under The Fable. So yesterday I was working on promoting the magazine, and trying to sort out a venue for a poetry tour the magazine is doing, as well as searching for a summer job, and I just stopped and realised that I was acting like an adult. It was one of those cartoon moments. I just stared at my screen for a while I tried to take the fact that I'm an adult in. I put down my laptop, went upstairs and put on my dinosaur onesie, then came back downstairs to carry on with work. If I am going to be an adult, I might as well have fun. I may now be an adult, but it doesn't mean I have to be a serious adult.


No comments:

Post a Comment